Principal Mechanical Engineer - Medical Devices (23933)
Are you a Principal Mechanical Engineer with experience working on high volume medical device development from early concept through to design and development?
This pioneering company develops next-generation drug delivery products; these are high-volume, mechanical devices which incorporate high-precision mechanisms. This role will exercise your innovative skills, developing new ideas from first principles, using modelling techniques to analyse performance and prototyping devices before transfer to manufacture.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will have the following background and experience:-
You will have:
- A 1st or 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering from one of the world’s top universities
- Robust hands-on commercial experience as a mechanical engineer in the field of consumer medical devices, working under ISO 13485 quality standards
- Excellent knowledge of complex injection moulded mechanisms and high-volume manufacturing processes
- Experience of 3D CAD e.g. SolidWorks
- Project management as a technical contributor to a new product development project
- The ability to work from first principles to develop concepts into designs
- Experience of communicating, showing initiative and making decisions as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Excellent customer facing skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join this dynamic company at the forefront of technology and work with a motivated team on next-generation products. The combination of high precision mechanical devices at low unit cost provides a taxing technical challenge.
There is a competitive salary and commensurate benefits on offer to the right candidate.
Keywords: High Precision Medical Devices, Plastics, Mechanisms, 3D CAD, SolidWorks, DFMA, FMEA, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.