Head of Software - Instrumentation (23936)
Based in Cambridge, this start-up has ambitious plans to meet the challenges facing the modern world, specifically in personal medicine and digital diagnostics. With machine learning technologies coming to the fore, this instrumentation company is positioning themselves as the interface with the consumer.
As the company grows, they are splitting out their technical team and look to install a Head of Software to lead and drive development of (1) embedded technologies for instrumentation; and (2) usability interfaces based on the Android platform.
- Degree qualified with industry experience developing and delivering engineering solutions with hardware products.
- "Big picture" understanding including overall system architecture for scientific / healthcare applications.
- Technology experience with embedded code (ideally for 32-bit ARM architecture).
- Broad, high-level language understanding and application using Java, C# or C++.
- Experience (or interest / exposure) with development on Android platforms.
- Must be hands-on, but also have exposure of team leading and (ideally) managing.
Interested applicants are expected to have excellent communication skills, ideally able to talk at a technical level (software engineering and science) as well as with other audiences. Experience working at a start-up is highly beneficial. Preference is for someone with a technical consultancy background or can evidence working and delivering on a range of product projects.
Team Lead, Hands-On, Embedded, Android, Java / C#, Assembler, Multidisciplinary, Start-up, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.