Our client is looking for a high calibre scientific software developer with excellent programming skills in C++ to join their select software team working on fluid flow modelling. The role will involve developing numerical schemes, building code in C++ and subsequently assisting end-users in the commercial environment.
A critical part of this role will be to research, develop and optimise high performance parallel implementations of algorithms using large computing clusters.
This role requires a PhD (or equivalent experience) in maths, physics or engineering with evidence of strong programming skills; it is open to fresh PhDs through to more senior experienced developers.
- PhD level maths, physics or engineering with a first degree from a top world-ranked university
- Demonstrable and excellent programming skills in C++
- Fluid flow modelling
- The ability to work alongside other software developers in a coherent team
The following attributes would also be of interest:
- Experience with parallel architectures – MPI, multi-threading
- Knowledge of the complete software development life-cycle
You could be part of this select team, based in purpose-built offices in Oxford; they have secure financial backing from a large multi-national parent organisation.
Keywords: Software, C++, PhD, maths, physics, algorithms, HPC, parallel, modelling, multi-threading, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.