Principal Cloud Support Engineer (24006)
A progressive-thinking Principal Cloud Support Engineer is wanted by our client to create new IT systems as the company rapidly grows. The majority of the company (system users) are based in the same office in Cambridge, however there are a significant number of remote workers hence the whole IT system is cloud based.
You will need to have the strength of character to convey your proposals to existing system users and stakeholders effectively. As the Principal Cloud Support Engineer you will design and code extensions to the existing systems and possess the following attributes:
- A proven understanding of cloud services, scalable storage, and virtual private cloud services
- Experience identifying holes in the current systems and exploring possible enhancements
- Proficiency and understanding of software development for IT systems
- Understanding of APIs and the scripting glue to link systems together
- Significant understanding and experience of IT security
- IT system management, SLA and team building
- Experience working with users, offering support via telephone and/or “remote desktop”
- You will have a degree in a technical subject from a world class university
Your new colleagues have diverse backgrounds from developers to business development; hence your interpersonal skills will need to accommodate different approaches. A competitive salary and benefits are on offer, along with a flexible working arrangement.
Keywords: Support and Sys Admin, G Suite, Cloud Deployment, CRM, Linux, Windows, Python, Open source, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.