C# Software Developer (24011)
This is a terrific opportunity to join a well-established team in Cambridge, working on world class risk analytics and financial modelling software for a leading global advisory company. Concentrating on mixing advanced analytics with years’ of industry knowledge, the team produces software that allows its users to reveal new opportunities for investment and minimise risk.
The role would involve developing a financial modelling software platform with an Agile team of highly skilled software engineers. You would be designing, implementing refactoring and testing C# code of the highest quality and would need to be able to work closely with test engineers to guarantee test coverage, including manual testing if necessary. Additionally, you will be: creating User Stories with Product Owners and defining acceptance criteria; reviewing and debugging work accurately, providing full documentation; mentoring younger members of the team and taking the lead in some of the activities mentioned above.
Essential skills or experience for this role:
- Mid to senior level experience of software development using C# and C#.NET for at least 3 years
- Good industry experience of the full software development lifecycle, including: requirements capture, analysis, estimation, software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment
- Experience of designing software architectures and algorithms that are easy to test, validate and maintain
- Able to organise day-to-day development and testing activities
Other highly desirable skills include:
- Version control services, such as Git, NUnit or other testing
- GUI design and implementation or knowledge of standards (WPF or WinForms)
- Cloud (Azure) experience,
A good degree (2.1 or above) in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or similar technical subject from a well-respected university is essential, as is full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: C#.NET, C#, software architecture, development and test, Azure, finance
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.