Data Mining Analyst - Video Games (24064)
Our client is a leading-edge video game developer. They are now seeking exceptional Data Miner to help them develop their processing and analysis techniques to enhance the playability of their future games. You will be working with development teams to devise ways of extrapolating relationships, trends and insights from multiple large and diverse data streams. You would be working with a small, tight-knit team of bright highly-motivated peers, working on an intrinsically exciting subject area in a much sought-after industry sector.
As a minimum you will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a suitable subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar from a leading university.
- A demonstrable passion for data science.
- Proven ability to work with large and complex data sets.
- Outstanding mathematical ability and data analysis skills.
- A proactive personality with good communications and collaboration skills.
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Databases - e.g. NoSQL
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques for data extraction.
- Scripting languages, for instance Python
- Apache Spark, MapReduce, Jupyter Notebook, R
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.