A highly-regarded Cambridge company, with a track record of developing exciting and innovative products ranging for a range of industries and application areas, is seeking an exceptional test engineer. You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of bright, motivated colleagues, with end-to-end involvement in the project life-cycle, and have a major impact on the success of the final product.
The role will entail:
- Test planning, design, documentation and execution.
- Technical leadership and coordination of the test effort.
- Analysis of test results and reporting of results for both internal use, and for clients and regulatory approval.
- Providing input to the design process to ensure testability.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline from a leading university.
- An ability to envision the system-level functioning of the product, and design an appropriate test strategy to verify it.
- Good analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Significant experience with a sizeable subset of product test techniques and strategies: for instance manual testing, security, stress or performance testing, and in particular continuous integration/continuous test.
- Good communication skills including the ability to produce clear written reports and confident verbal presentation of results.
- Good teamwork skills with the ability to take the lead on technical issues.
Some ability with scripting using languages such as Python would be advantageous.
Our client provides a great benefits package, good prospects for career progression, a varied and interesting portfolio of projects, and a stimulating work environment.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.