Senior Software Developer - Linux Storage / Drivers (24088)
With continued growth, this internationally recognised company offer a range of superb career development opportunities for very bright Software Developers. It is great opportunity to work in a relaxed, but professional and supportive team based environment, on leading-edge networking applications. It’s an innovative, successful and fast-growing company offering a fun place to work within a real "techie" environment, as part of a very motivated team of engineers.
The role calls for engineers with a very strong academic background in a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics, computer science) or of similar calibre. Very bright graduates or recent PhDs with relevant hands-on C / C++ / Networking / Windows or Linux kernel skills will also be considered. The main focus of this role is to develop tools and host code for NVM Express (NVMe) or Non-Volatile Memory Host Controller Interface Specification (NVMHCIS) and storage stack code and drivers for the Linux OS.
Ideally, your skills will include many of the following:
- Knowledge of embedded systems ideally with extensive exposure to system software and device drivers
- Knowledge of networking (Ethernet & TCP/IP)
- 3Proven commercial experience developing in C / C++ (use of Linux OS development tool chains and editors)
- Experience in application and library code development for and using Linux OS
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS and Linux OS programming (user mode)
- Experience with user mode debugging using debug tools on Linux OS (e.g. GDB)
- Experience of In-Circuit Emulator (ICE) debugging
- In depth knowledge of modern storage technologies and associated network interconnect technologies including NVMe / NVMeoF / iSCSI / RDMA / ROCE
- In depth knowledge of filesystem technology e.g. NTFS, NFS, ZFS, EXT2/EXT3 etc.
- Knowledge of distributed filesystems a significant plus.
In addition to a very competitive salary, depending on experience, the excellent benefits package includes share options, private health / dentistry, critical illness cover and employer contribution to pension.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.