This up-and-coming, VC-funded start-up is developing truly innovative technology and is currently laying the framework for future platform applications. Their technology is looking to impact biotech research, with longer term goals to impact healthcare / consumer markets.
They are currently looking for a person to join their growing team and take a pivotal role as their Head of Software. The role is well suited to someone who currently leads a small engineering team and collaborates on multidisciplinary projects. Key technology areas are: instrumentation control; data analytics; Android-based user interface; and cloud-based web services.
- Having graduated in software, physics or engineering, you will have started your career as a software engineer. It is likely you have already worked for a few companies, gaining different skills and perspective in different areas.
- As a senior member of the team, you will have managed and led projects, and currently be leading a small team (up to 10 people). You will probably be still hands-on (coding in Java or C++), but will also have broad understandings of several areas: instrumentation control; data analytics; Android-based user interface; or cloud-based web services.
- You will know how to build a collaborative team, and be able to put in place good software development processes.
- You will have excellent communication skills – able to speak with the technical team (leading from the front) as well as other stakeholders.
- Experience working in a tech start-up would be desirable.
The role reports directly to the CEO, and as a senior member of the team, you can expect to take ownership on projects and influence the direction and targets. In return, as well as an excellent salary, share options package is on offer.
Start-up, Instrumentation / Control / Android UI, Analytics, Project Management / Team Lead, Multidisciplinary
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.