Software Engineer, Data Science / Machine Learning (24159)
Apply your proven skills with data science and/or machine learning expertise in a new team with a search technology company. Work will be wide ranging and exploratory, initially focusing on analytics.
To contribute, your CV will need to show significant technical skills, i.e. more than a course or sideline experimentation with relevant techniques or technologies. This is extremely likely to mean commercial use, though candidates with academic experience may be considered if backed by evidence of extensive extra-curricular projects. However, experienced commercial software developers with a newfound interest in the area are encouraged.
In addition, you will have:
- A good degree (and potentially a PhD) in a technical subject from a good university, and strong A-level grades including mathematics / statistics
- Experience with at least one of: applied data science, machine learning, NLP
- Familiarity with one or more of: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark / PySpark, TensorFlow, Amazon ML, Azure ML
- A programmer’s ability with C++, Python, PHP or comparable languages
- Aptitude with Linux as a development platform
- Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship
This growing company can offer an excellent package and a great working environment, in bright, spacious new offices. Founded pre dot-com, they are well funded and have an excellent track record of success both in the market and financially.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.