Do you aspire to being the first IT person to join a growing startup?
Currently the software developers look after their own needs; however the product is growing and now requires a full time Principal System Administrator to build this expanding system in a structured and scalable manner. They are developing a platform that will become cloud based; currently it is running on internal servers.
There are other sister companies with the same executive team, so there is an opportunity for the Principal System Administrator to become the overall IT Manager across these. Hence someone with both large corporation and startup experience is very attractive.
This company employs the brightest engineers, so you will probably have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree to be able to keep up with the team. Your commercial experience will provide you with evidence of the following:
- In depth knowledge of Linux, MacOS and Windows systems
- A track record of IT infrastructure management
- A proven understanding of cloud services, scalable storage, and virtual private cloud services
- Experience identifying holes in the current systems and exploring possible enhancements
- Significant understanding and experience of IT security
- Provision of stable and secure IT systems
- Strong commercial awareness and budget control
- Strength of character to take ownership of all incidents and remain calm
- Understanding of software development
- Able to contribute to developer design meetings in respect to scalability and structure
This is a superb opportunity to build on your established career in IT management. Whilst initially a hands-on role; there are great opportunities to be involved in a broader role across the other businesses.
Keywords: SysAdmin, Customer facing, Linux, MacOS, Windows, Networking, Cloud Deployment, AWS, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.