This expanding company has a unique audio product and require a DSP Developer to join their development team. The role is to implement highly complex audio algorithms in C++ on FPGAs and SHARC processors. You will be working alongside a strong mathematician (another vacancy) and together will develop algorithms with elements of digital and statistical signal analysis, along with aspects of machine learning.
As a DSP Developer you will possess the following essential requirements:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- Significant experience in coding for dedicated DSP chips
- Aptitude for coding in C++
- Experience coding with embedded SHARC and/or ARM processors
- VHDL design and coding experience for FPGAs
They are recruiting a couple of developers so there is some flexibility to change the role to suit your skills. The following desirable skills could be covered by the other role or transferred over to this one:
- Outstanding mathematical skills particularly in the area of algorithm development
- Exposure to machine learning applied to audio signals
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with perhaps a telecoms background wishing to transition to a new area in audio systems. Obviously previous experience of developing DSP code for audio systems is beneficial. The existing members of the company are all audiophiles providing a strong team environment within a pleasant office and full range of staff benefits.
Keywords: DSP development, C++, SHARC, VHDL, FPGA, machine learning based analysis, Audio systems, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.