This product company continues to expand its R&D team taking on projects of increasing complexity. In order to manage the engineering teams and interface to major clients they seek an additional Engineering Manager.
In this position you will be a key member of the Engineering department driving forward vital client projects so client facing skills will be a major part of your role. Your earlier experience as an engineer will provide you with the awareness of the pitfalls in software and hardware product development. The role offers an opportunity to be hands-on in creating the next generation products whilst owning several projects and ensuring the team members deliver these on time.
As part of a very bright mixed discipline R&D group, you will need a strong technical background to command the respect of this team – you must be able to “talk technical” as you’re dealing with smart people who will respect your first-hand knowledge of their job. You will be diplomatic, pragmatic, relaxed, competent, and a real problem solver for your team.
In summary your qualities as Engineering Manager are:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a top university
- Significant commercial software project management experience
- Exposure to the full product lifecycle and an Agile approach
- Experience managing hardware design teams
- External liaison skills with suppliers, for example prototype manufacture
- High and low level problem solving – you can not only schedule accurately around roadblocks, but can help developers find alternative technical solutions to difficult problems
- A customer focus – you’ll be more than happy working with customers to establish their requirements, and conducting a meeting of minds between key stakeholders
- A focus on quality, ethics, and timely delivery
An excellent opportunity to join award-winning Cambridge company creating new IP and developing their own products with the enjoyable technical challenges that come with streaming High Definition video.
Keywords: Technical Project Manager, Team Leader, C, C++, embedded, Agile, network comms, TCP/IP, web technologies, multimedia, FPGA, digital, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.