Are you inspired by the idea of developing power electronics for green energy purposes?
As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will have good experience developing analogue and control systems. Typical applications will be motor control, requiring a broad understanding of different motor types. Your engineering fundamentals can be backed up by excellent grades and top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university.
In summary this position requires:
- Excellent knowledge of motor control theory
- Previous experience in the design of analogue/discrete electronics
- Good working knowledge of system modelling and analysis (MATLAB, Simulink, PSCAD)
- A good understanding of complex analogue signal chain design and simulation (including SPICE)
- Creating schematic design/layout using a recognised CAD package (e.g. Altium Designer)
- Practical experience of building and debugging hardware (e.g. EMC, EMI)
- Exposure to reliability, thermal management, quality and manufacturing issues
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated engineers working in an extremely modern, welcoming work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a local expanding team with chances to travel to other sites and clients throughout the world.
Keywords: Power electronics, VFDs, SMPS, EMC, IGBT, SPICE, Altium, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.