Are you a Principal Mechanical Engineer who has a solid understanding of thermal management?
In this key role you will own the thermal distribution theories during early design stages and undertake feasibility studies and “proof of concept” prototyping to validate assumptions and design proposals. Obviously the implications of your concepts will alter the overall mechanical design of the product, thus you will have a much broader involvement in the overall system.
This company employs the brightest engineers; as the Mechanical Engineer you will have a 1st or 2.1 in a technical degree and possibly a PhD. Your commercial experience will provide the evidence you possess the following attributes:
- Previous design experience for thermal management and packaging
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes with appropriate analysis
- Solid first principle understanding and strong mathematical analysis
- Deep understanding of thermal, stress, fatigue, lifetime and manufacturability aspects of designs
- Significant CAD experience including FEA / simulation (SolidWorks and/or ProE/Creo)
- Excellent knowledge of moulding and casting technologies, their requirements and limitations
- Experience with designing for demanding outdoor and fully submerged environments
- Hands on experience workshop tools and creating prototypes
- A good understanding of harsh environments and designing for constant vibration
- Exposure to high voltage / high current electrical designs
This is a superb opportunity to build on your mechanical background, providing some opportunity for travel (optional). You will work alongside a diverse team and the ability to contribute to software and electronics development will be a distinct advantage. There is a good team spirit in this company and the advantage of working on many green / sustainability related projects.
Keywords: mechanical design, thermal management, customer facing, green, sustainability, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.