This small, successful Cambridge product company develops software and hardware used in top end industrial applications. They continue to grow each year and are now building more of a research team to investigate new technology and create prototypes for their next generation products. You will still be involved in the complete life cycle of products, working closely with software, firmware and hardware team members.
The technical challenges the company faces are increasing and they require this dedicated team to investigate areas such as:
- HPC for high speed data handling greater than required for streaming high definition video
- Robotics and the control of mechanical systems.
- Image processing and recognition
- Conversion of software to embedded logic for efficiency
You will be an exceptional senior level engineer with a very good degree in physics, electronics or similar discipline from a world leading university. You will be ready to be involved in all phases of the product development life cycle, and will be expected to take an active hand in the design and development of new products from early concept. Some of the following may form part of your commercial experience:
- Experience of hardware interaction (e.g. driver development, serial communications, USB etc.)
- Good understanding of VHDL and awareness of latest FPGA technologies
- Familiarity with designing Control Systems, Signal Processing algorithms and Datapath Control
- A bonus would be Embedded C/C++ experience
- Development for Microsoft Windows or Embedded Linux
- Digital and analogue interfaces to various mechanisms - mainly low voltage but some high
Excellent prospects await the right candidate in a permanent role in a dynamic start-up style environment. It is a good team environment, with regular social events taking place. In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package.
Keywords: C++, Windows, Embedded Linux, VHDL, FPGA, Firmware, Analogue, Digital, PCB, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.