Hands-on Physicist (24422)
Summary: Physicist / Algorithm Engineer to work on modelling real world systems, consultancy, Cambridge, to £highly competitive + benefits.
This leading technology consultancy works with blue chip clients worldwide. This group develops real-world solutions to a wide range of industries and needs a high calibre Physicist / Algorithm Engineer to work on technically demanding projects.
A typical project concerns combatting evolving threats to the UK defence and protection forces making a genuine contribution towards UK security and people’s day-to-day safety; hence you must be in a position to gain UK Security Clearance.
You will be working with multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative and rapid solutions across the product and technology life cycle.
The requirements are:
- Physics degree (1st or 2.1) from a top university; preference for relevant postgraduate and/or commercial project experience
- Ability to gain UK Security Clearance
- Experience in maths modelling using e.g. COMSOL, MATLAB
- Using experimental physics for problem-solving
- Preferably commercial experience in product development
- Excellent communication skills; confident with important clients
This is an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre physicist to work at the cutting edge of technology and develop their career both technically and commercially within a collaborative team environment.
Keywords: Cutting-edge technology, maths modelling, physics, Cambridge, consultancy, MATLAB.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.