Systems Administrator (24446)
Are you an experienced Systems Administrator looking for a fresh challenge in an interesting business area? This role is with a new company, recently spun-out from an established and successful parent with the aim of developing and expanding upon an existing product line. As such, they benefit from the stability and brand recognition of their parent company, but with the exciting potential of branching out into new markets and new products.
- Managing the complete IT infrastructure such as servers, networking, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and Office 365.
- Providing support to development engineers and the wider company.
- Playing a key part in designing new innovative web-based services.
To succeed in this role you’ll need solid commercial System Admin experience and strong academic achievements (preferably a degree from a good university), as well as proven aptitude with the following:
- Linux and Windows (Desktop and Server).
- Bug Trackers (like Jira), version control systems, collaboration platforms (like Confluence), scripting with Perl, Python or shell scripts.
- Network configuration and firewalls, hardware management for X86, and Virtualisation
- NetApp infrastructure.
Our client is based in central Cambridge; they boast a flexible and rewarding working culture with a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Overall, this is a good chance to join an early-stage company with stable finances and a good range of technologies to build your career and keep your skillset at the leading edge.
Keywords: Cambridge, Systems Administrator, Web Services, IT Support, Network Management, Jira, Version Control, Scripting.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.