EMC Test Engineer (24473)
This is a superb opportunity to work as an EMC Test Engineer, performing pre-compliance EMC for new ground-breaking products.
Working closely with RF Design Engineers you will be part of a test group involved in the testing of early prototypes through to the verification and regulatory testing of the final system.
As an experienced Test Engineer, you will play a key role in the development of new devices and technologies by the ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, maintain an EMC measurement facility, write test plans, and execute tests to characterise and validate new products.
You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of technologies in multiple industries, from high volume short range consumer wireless products, through to professional high-performance systems.
- Relevant experience working as an EMC test engineer
- Understanding of the testing required by the Radio Equipment Directive
- Familiarity with RF test equipment such as spectrum analysers, network analysers, signal generators, power meters
- Familiarity with environmental chambers
- Familiarity with antenna measurements
- Practical experience of building test systems and testing early stage prototypes and final products
- Familiarity with RF test methods and standard RF blocks such as filters, splitters
- Knowledge of a broad range of wireless technologies (e.g. GSM, UMTS, LTE, DECT, BT)
- Ability to design or maintain automated test programs using LabVIEW, MATLAB or other software
- Ability to analyse problems and adapt tests as necessary to investigate issues
- Experience of electronic fault finding
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.