Graduate Embedded Software Engineer (24484)
This successful Cambridge based company are looking for a talented Graduate Software Engineer to join them and work on real world engineering solutions. As well as the opportunity to take on early responsibility, you will also be given the chance to develop your skills through training and mentorship.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- A good degree (2:1 or first class) in a relevant subject, such as Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
- Good knowledge of C or C++
- A working knowledge of microcontrollers or embedded microprocessors
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- An understanding of electronics and interfacing microcontroller with various sensors and actuators
- Experience in programming under either Windows, Linux, Android or iOS
- Knowledge of another programming language or a scripting language
- A background in control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
- Relevant work experience or participation to the Year in the Industry programme
- A background in system modelling using UML or SysML or OO design techniques
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.