Sensors Physicist / Engineer (24506)
This growing company produces a range of life science equipment used by development scientists throughout the industry. Their complex lab systems integrate novel hardware and software solutions and incorporate a range of sensor technologies.
They now seek a capable and experienced physicist / engineer with a background in the development or integration of sensing technologies; this broad role includes working across the whole portfolio of sensors in both development of new products and support of existing manufacturing with concomitant validation and quality control.
The company is looking for a sensors physicist / engineer with many of the following attributes:
- An excellent academic record – degree from a Russell Group (or similar) university and ideally also a higher degree
- Proven experience (academic and/or commercial) developing sensing technologies for a biochemistry application – this might involve pH, gas, metabolite and fluorescence sensors
- Some knowledge of the design and development of lab equipment
- Experience in microfluidics, electronics or optics
- Design and development of single use consumables
As well as displaying a robust technical background, the successful candidate will be a pro-active and engaged trouble-shooter, able to assist colleagues and customers alike in the application, development and manufacturing of sensors.
In return, the company will offer an excellent salary and benefits package, working in modern and pleasant R&D spaces within easy access of Cambridge, London and the surrounding areas.
Candidates will need to already have permission to work in the UK without restriction or need for sponsorship.
Keywords: technologist, sensors, bio, life sciences, physics, engineering, DfM, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.