Principal Mechanical Engineer (24532)
This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer to take their career to the next level with one of Cambridge’s foremost companies. You would be working with cutting edge technologies and world-class development teams to bring to life innovative new processes and products for a range of business sectors.
The role is predominantly that of technical expert and "go-to" person for your domain, with a significant hands-on engineering covering the full project lifecycle. It will also involve you in collaborating with clients to define requirements, building and leading teams of engineers, and managing projects to ensure timely completion.
The role attracts a competitive salary and benefits package and is based in pleasant offices close to Cambridge.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline from a leading university.
- Strong expertise in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering and process development.
- Experience of team leadership, project management and liaising with clients.
- Broad technical knowledge including 3D CAD, control systems, pneumatics, and automation.
- A good understanding of health and safety, quality control and risk management principles.
So if you have a brilliant academic background, exemplary engineering knowledge, and the gravitas to take charge and lead teams of talented engineers in successfully delivering industry-leading solutions then why not apply to find out more?
Keywords: Client-facing, 3D CAD, Mechanical Engineer, Control Systems, Pneumatics, Process Development, Automation, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.