Senior Software Engineer / Influencer (24564)
A software company with offices in Cambridge and a global reach is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Software Engineer. Their software addresses real world issues faced by designers of some of the largest installations in the world, across a number of engineering spheres.
Working alongside product specialists, testers and other developers within an Agile environment, the Senior Software Engineer will play a key role in developing the product range including establishing product requirements, scope planning and feature design. The Senior Software Engineer will be expected to have experience of and opinions on best practice, SOLID principles and different types of testing. The type of person who would fit the role well will be someone who can influence a team in a constructive, considerate and enthusiastic manner. They will also have the opportunity for occasional, short-term international travel.
Requirements for this role include:
- Good experience of software engineering, including analysis, design and architecture of software in a commercial environment
- Demonstrable experience in using object-oriented languages such as C# and C++
- A working knowledge of Visual Studio or similar IDE, as well as version control tools such as ClearCase, Subversion or Git and project management systems like Jira or TFS
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable skills / experience include:
- Experience working on multi-location and multi-national software development projects
- Ideally you would also have some experience with CAD or PDMS software
You will need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: C++, C#, Python, Agile, Software Engineer, PDMS, Agile, international travel
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.