2019 STEM Graduate: Data Science (24569)
We’re currently looking for bright 2019 graduates in mathematics, engineering, natural sciences or computing, to join a fantastic London-based team specialising in complex data science, analysis and modelling. They are one of the dominant players in their industry area, and offer a fantastic package with opportunities for meaningful career progression and plenty of close support for mentoring and personal development.
They are however very selective about who can join their top-flight team, and only candidates with a stellar academic background and relevant experience are likely to impress them. Successful candidate CVs are likely to be able to demonstrate:
- a bachelor’s / master’s degree in a numerate subject from one of the best Russell Group universities (Oxbridge, Imperial, Southampton, etc.) and you’re on track for a comfortable ‘1st’;
- top A-level grades, incl. an A* in mathematics, and at least As in other numerate subjects;
- proficiency in data analysis and statistics, particularly applied to real-world data and scenarios;
- experience with numerical coding / modelling with a mainstream language such as Python, Java, C++ or MATLAB;
- excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with an eye for detail and clear presentation.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work alongside like-minded graduates on interesting and complicated projects in data science and analytics. You’re likely to quickly take on responsibilities for managing individual projects and client contacts, and enjoy support with personal development, including gaining advanced qualifications. You’ll work in modern, comfortable offices in the heart of London, close to major transport hubs which will make commuting easy.
If this sounds like the challenging and rewarding opportunity you’ve been looking for to kick start your career, why not send your CV to ECM now to find out more. Or if you know someone who might enjoy this, why not take a look at our recommendation scheme: http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for the opportunity to gain £250. Though we can only progress candidates who are a close match to our clients’ requirements, we do read every CV we receive and try and respond to everyone.
Keywords: 2019, graduate, maths, physics, science, computing, engineering, data science, London
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.