Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer (24575)
This innovative, growing company specialises in the development of solutions for high technology industrial machines. As a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer you will be offered the opportunity to the analysis, design, test and manufacture of high-precision machinery, micro-fluidic modules and fluid management systems.
You will have an exceptional educational background with a degree from a leading UK university in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a closely related topic (1st class or upper 2nd class minimum). Similarly qualified experienced candidates will also be considered. As a graduate mechanical engineer your technical skills should ideally include a broad knowledge across many of the following areas:
- A very strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- The ability to apply your engineering understanding to set the direction in technical projects
- Curiosity, imagination, initiative, creativity and a hands-on approach
- Ability to leverage knowledge of engineering fundamentals to overcome novel problems
- A desire to improve your technical and commercial understanding, to develop new skills
The role will appeal to an individual with interests spanning mechanical engineering and applied physics, who is excited by the design and manufacture of complete systems from scratch. You will work closely with electronics and software engineers, chemists and physicists, developing a broad capability as you grow with the business.
Keywords: Graduate, Mechanical, Applied Physics, Micro-fluidic systems, Mechatronics, CAD, SolidWorks, Cambridge area
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.