Software Engineer (24595)
A leading, global software company is seeking a software engineer who will be able to use a variety of languages to produce software with a global reach, across several engineering domains.
The Software Engineer will become an expert at delivering new or enhanced capability products and will contribute to the design and development of leading product ranges that will be used in the design of large, complicated structures. The role will include; establishing product requirements, scope planning, feature design, task setting, breakdown and estimation, regular reporting and code development. There may also be opportunities for short periods of international travel.
The right candidate will:
- Have at least one year’s experience of writing object-orientated code (such as C# or C++) in a commercial environment
- Be familiar with collaborative project management systems such as TFS or Jira and have worked with version control tools such as ClearCase, Subversion or Git
- Be aware of established principles such as SOLID and design patterns and have working knowledge of Visual Studio or a similar IDE
- Be an excellent communicator
Desirable skills / experience include:
- Familiar with Agile processes with particular respect to software architecture and design
- Ideally you would also have some experience with CAD, E3D or PDMS software
You will need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: C++, C#, PML, Python, Agile, Software Engineer, E3D, PDMS, Agile
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.