Embedded C Engineer (24605)
Do you care about the environment and wish to apply your embedded C skills to a good cause?
As a senior software developer you will have good experience developing embedded systems. This will be combined with a solid understanding of interfacing to hardware and the challenges met with analogue instruments. Fundamentals can be backed up by a top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university. Furthermore, in your career so far you will have gained experience in most of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of C
- Previous experience in the design of reliable, failure tolerant systems
- Good working knowledge of distributed systems
- Exposure to various embedded OS
- Knowledge of how to interface directly with hardware
A bonus would be experience in
- C++ and certainly a desire to use C++ in the future
- Exposure to PIC processors up to ARM devices
- Previous use of PID control loops
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a welcoming open office environment but also step into the lab and work close to the hardware. This is an excellent opportunity to join a medium sized company which continues to expand gently but has a new vision for their next generation of products.
Keywords: Embedded C Engineer, hardware interfacing, resource constrained systems, C++, Embedded Linux, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.