Visionary for Connected Technology (24618)
A strategic thinker with a technology background is sought by a world-class company.
Our client is a very well respected company with modern offices and labs in the Cambridge area, where they work on a variety of interesting projects involving rigorous research and finding creative solutions for real-world problems.
You would be required to be an expert on connectivity issues, able to analyse information, data and trends, as well as complete modelling of architectures and networks. You would be working in multidisciplinary teams, providing clients from a wide range of industry sectors with propositions, market insights and high impact solutions. The work would involve delivering qualitative and quantitative analysis to clients, investment support, competitor analysis, technology road-mapping and high-level systems engineering.
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- An excellent degree (2.1 or above) or a PhD from a top Russell Group university in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or other science related subject, backed by outstanding grades at A-level
- Experience working with and presenting to clients
- A thorough understanding of connectivity technologies, network architectures and roadmaps along with a good market awareness of the sector
- An enquiring, imaginative and technically creative mind, evidenced by work experience and personal projects
More senior applicants will additionally be expected to have:
- Significant experience working as an internal strategic advisor or within a consultancy firm, specialising in delivering strategic telecommunications or wireless technology solutions.
- Good market awareness and significant experience in analysis and business planning processes
- Experience leading projects from defining the project scope with clients through to delivery
- The ability to take responsibility for developing new accounts, together with the commercial team
You will also need full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Keywords: Strategy, network architectures, wireless, connected devices, telecoms, data analysis
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.