Scientific Programme Manager (R&D) / Prototyping (24637)
Established over 10 years ago, this IP-rich scientific engineering company have developed a range of innovative technologies based on both (bio)chemistry, physics, software and engineering principles. They have recently secured new investment and are looking to put in place a new position of Scientific Programme Manager to take a leading role in technical direction and management of the technical team.
- Background: degree qualified in natural sciences or physics and ideally an advanced degree in applied science / instrumentation.
- Past industry experience: will have hands-on development experience working on innovative hardware / scientific application oriented projects. May possibly have experience working in a technical consultancy.
- Current industry experience: working in technical project / programme management on instrumentation / diagnostics. Must be familiar with the fundamentals of molecular biology (ideally applied within a physics hardware project).
- Demonstrable experience leading a group of highly technical, bright scientists and engineers, and providing technical direction. Must have an eye for detail whilst being able to maintain a broad overview of strategic goals.
- Excellent communication skills: must have the gravitas to work with PhDs and broader technical team, as well as communicate succinctly with investors and senior management.
This role reports directly to the CEO, and would work closely with the senior team as well as be the go-to-person for the technical team about project direction and overall programme strategies. In return, an excellent remuneration package is available.
Instrumentation, Applied Science, Technical Project Management, Strategy, Team Leading,
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.