Data Scientist (24658)
This Cambridge based startup is developing an architecture for a new upcoming industry. The founders have prior experience in commodities companies and see the future markets working in a very different way. For this they need the framework that this expanding software team is creating. This Data Scientist role involves developing analytics pipelines to support a simulation of this new ecosystem.
As the Data Scientist along with a top quality degree (at least 2.1) from a world leading university, you will also have several years’ commercial experience or a PhD utilising data science techniques. You will need to possess the following key attributes:
- Worked with a diverse set of data sources
- A passion in and aptitude for open source development
- The team are working in C++; you must have exposure to this language
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of scalable systems
- Worked with RDBMS/NoSQL databases or understand distributed storage technologies
- Deep experience with cloud technology stacks, security systems, transaction processing
- Genuine interest in technology with your own innovative slant including Artificial Intelligence
- Excellent ability to communicate technical concepts
This is an excellent opportunity to work with experts covering machine learning, networking, security and peer to peer implementations. The software team has reached double figures and is planned to continue to expand over the coming months. There are possibilities to explore new areas of software development and platforms. Overall, a superb chance to develop a leading edge design in a new industry relating to cryptoeconomics.
Keywords: Ethereum, financial services, networked systems, scalable, distributed databases, cryptoeconomics, bitcoin, blockchain, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.