Analogue Design Engineer (24719)
Analogue design for use at high temperatures; are you aware of the challenges in obtaining precision and low noise?
The team are utilising the raw high frequency signal from a MEMS device to model physical, electrical and gravitational information. Your contribution to this solution will be analogue designs.
As the Analogue Design Engineer you will possess excellent grades and top engineering degree from a well-known and respected university. You will also be able to offer commercial experience in the following areas:
- Design of low noise and precision analogue front ends including trans-impedance amplifiers, phase shifters, limiting circuits, oscillators and PLLs
- Solid understanding of design of analogue electronics over extended temperature ranges
- Interfacing analogue to digital electronics
- PCB design, prototyping and debugging (preferably Altium)
In addition any of the following would be beneficial:
- Any experience working with MEMS devices
- Data analysis using industry standard packages such as MATLAB
- Modelling using COMSOL or OPENFOAM
This is an excellent opening to work in a small company where the original founders are still involved at the technical level. They were utilising Cambridge University facilities and have just moved to their own office. They are well funded from several sources including a major player in the oil industry and share options are being offered.
Keywords: Analogue, mixed-signal, PLL, signal recovery, MEMS, frequency analysis, high temperature electronics, start-up, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.