Data Scientist (24759)
This company is an industry leader in automated tools for processing and analysis of biological samples. Their products are used in research and industry worldwide to accelerate discovery of new therapies or biological pathways, or aid in fast, reliable and accurate diagnostics for researchers or healthcare providers.
They are now seeking an experienced Data Scientist to join their team based in South Cambridgeshire. The role will entail delivery of production ready code for automated data processing and analysis. Successful Data Scientist CVs will need to demonstrate significant experience in commercial software development in this field, rather than simply using a scripting language as a tool for data analysis.
Candidates for the Data Scientist role should evidence:
- strong software development skills for data processing and manipulation in C++, C# or Python;
- experience of rapid-prototyping and quickly progressing a computational tool from a prototype script to a polished piece of software;
- a good knowledge of statistical analysis with industry tools such as R, MATLAB or SPSS;
- application of software and statistics to real-world data in biochemistry, ideally applied to spectroscopy data or cell culture;
- fluency with common mathematical / statistical analysis tools and tests;
- confidence with multivariate data analysis, perhaps with industry-standard approaches and software.
Candidates must also have existing permission to work in the UK, without restriction or the need for sponsorship, already in place to be considered for this role.
On offer for the successful Data Scientist will be a generous remuneration package, alongside a range of perks and benefits. Working in a comfortable, modern office just outside Cambridge, you’ll work alongside developers, mechatronic engineers and life scientists in a collaborative environment. With onsite production too, you’ll quickly see your work contribute to finished real-world products on a fast timescale.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection to find out more. Whilst we can only progress candidates that most closely match our clients’ requirements, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or why not recommend a friend for the opportunity to gain £250. Details at: http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.