This company is an industry leader in automated tools for processing and analysis of biological samples. Their products are used in research and industry worldwide to accelerate discovery of new therapies or biological pathways, or aid in fast, reliable and accurate diagnostics for researchers or healthcare providers.
They are now seeking a Mathematician to join their team based in South Cambridgeshire. The role will entail delivery of production ready code for automated data processing and analysis.
Candidates for the Mathematician role should evidence:
- software development skills for data processing and manipulation in Python, C# or C++;
- experience of progressing a computational tool from a prototype script to a polished piece of software;
- good knowledge of statistical analysis with industry tools such as R, MATLAB or SPSS;
- application of software and statistics to real-world data in biochemistry, ideally applied to spectroscopy data or cell culture;
- fluency with common mathematical / statistical analysis tools and tests;
- confidence with high dimensional data analysis.
Candidates must hold a PhD or master’s degree in maths, mathematical biology, physics, chemistry or engineering from a well-respected university, as well as existing permission to work in the UK without restriction or the need for sponsorship.
On offer for the successful Mathematician will be a generous remuneration package, alongside a range of perks and benefits. Working in a comfortable, modern office just outside Cambridge, you’ll work alongside developers, mechatronic engineers and life scientists in a collaborative environment. With onsite production too, you’ll quickly see your work contribute to finished real-world products on a fast timescale.
Keywords: data analysis, statistics, maths, mathematical biology, Python, MATLAB, multivariate data, sampling, modelling, graduate, MSc, MMath, PhD.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection to find out more. Whilst we can only progress candidates that most closely match our clients’ requirements, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone.