Quantum Computing Software Engineer (Jnr) (24780)
Based in Oxford, our client is looking for creative, analytical minds to develop high-quality software in the ground-breaking field of quantum computing. This energetic start-up has designs on utilising the technology in a variety of areas, such as drug discovery and battery innovation.
You will have the chance to create and develop software solutions for controlling quantum computers as a member of a collaborative and friendly team. You will also be expected to identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the software lifecycle, as well writing technical specifications to meet user requirements.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- At least 2 years commercial experience of software development coupled with a good, scientific degree from a Russell Group university
- Deep knowledge of Python and Python libraries
- Good knowledge of C/C++/Rust and also experience with version control using git
- An excellent understanding of programing methods and data structures
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, plus an enthusiasm for emerging software engineering techniques
Your CV will stand out if you also have experience with the following:
- Low-level device drivers or embedded software,
- Compilation tools and asynchronous systems
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Quantum computing, software engineer, Python, C, C++, Rust, embedded, low-level device drivers, compilation tools, superconductor
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.