Software Test Engineer (24800)
Note: You do not need to have worked in a test role previously, but you must have solid previous coding experience in a commercial software environment, including experience of testing and bug fixing.
An early stage opportunity with a Cambridge company developing breakthrough audio technology that will make a real difference to people’s lives.
Our client has ambitious expansion plans and this is your chance to join at a very early stage.
This role works within our client’s development team and is crucial in maintaining the quality and functionality of their software products. Aspects of the role will include:
- developing Python-based integration test suite
- writing functional tests using Python and other tools
- developing test setups on prototype boards and embedded CPUs
- implementing and maintaining the automated test system
- generating good quality bug reports and ensuring fixes
Essential: strong Python and good C/C++
- TeamCity, Jenkins or similar
- familiarity with prototype boards or Raspberry Pi
- profiling/performance measurement
- SOUP validation
And in terms of personality, you’ll need a ‘can do’ attitude – you’re someone who’s prepared to pitch in and get things done, in a fast-moving environment.
This is your chance to join an exciting startup and share in their success – in addition to a competitive salary, stock options are on offer.
Contact ECM directly now to find out more!
Keywords: Python, C, C++, software test, TeamCity, Jenkins, prototype boards, Raspberry Pi, profiling, performance measurement, SOUP validation, Git, Github, startup, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.