Graduate Software Developer (C++ / C#) (24840)
This company is one of Cambridge’s quiet success stories, its software a key part of specialist tools and equipment used in industries worldwide. Their technology is used by almost every OEM around the world, and it’s likely some of their software could be running devices you’d find in your home or workplace. They now have an opportunity for a bright and dedicated graduate to join their stellar team based near the beautiful city of Cambridge.
The successful Graduate Software Developer will be able to demonstrate:
- a strong academic background in computer science, or other relevant STEM subject, with at least a 2.1 honours degree from a top-ranking university;
- confidence working with C++ or C#, including use of common libraries, templating and OO;
- practical development experience in a commercial environment through summer internships and/or a gap year placement;
- an enthusiasm for software development, evidenced by significant academic and hobby projects;
- exposure to modern coding practices, including collaborative development (with Git, or similar) and perhaps Test Driven Development (TDD);
Experience with commercial project-tracking tools (Jira, Mercurial, etc.) or interfacing to hardware (perhaps through Arduinos or Raspberry Pis) would be a significant bonus to your application. Candidates must an have existing right to work in the UK, without restriction or the need for sponsorship, already in place.
On offer for the successful Graduate Software Developer is an opportunity to join an experienced and supportive team, where you will gain a wealth of experience in modern software development best practices. There is opportunity for swift career progression, and there is a generous remuneration package available for the successful candidate. The company is based on the outskirts of Cambridge, with excellent transport links by road and public transport (and lots of parking on site) for an easy commute.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection to find out more. Whilst we can only progress candidates that most closely match our clients’ requirements, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or why not recommend a friend for the opportunity to gain £250. Details at: http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: graduate, software, development, C++, C#, technology, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.