Graduate Mechatronics Support Engineer (24895)
A chance to join one of Cambridge’s fastest growing companies. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can combine your technical, problem solving and customer facing skills then this could be the perfect role for you. Your daily involvement with the R&D team will broaden your technical knowledge.
As the Graduate Mechatronics Support Engineer you will have already gained a degree with top grades in mechanical engineering or mechatronics from a well-known and respected university. This position is also open to 2019 graduates providing you are able to start in early summer 2019.
This is a client facing role so previous experience dealing with customers is essential, but of course needs to be backed up by your technical skills. Examples of previous customer facing exposure might be working in a shop or pub. It is a medical system and hence is likely to include visits to hospitals and operating theatres.
While in this job you will build your abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to look at problems from a system perspective
- Ability to independently analyse complex electro-mechanical systems
- A mechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair
- Skill to identify and separate software from electronics and / or mechanical issues
- The confidence to tackle a variety of tasks and resolve them yourself
- A broad understanding of electronics and ability to perform
- An overview of software systems and understanding of software update procedures
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in an extremely modern, welcoming work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding Cambridge company offering future career development within operations, R&D or commercial areas.
Keywords: Mechanical, Mechatronics, Robotics, Software systems, Electronics, Problem solving Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.