Database Systems Developer (24919)
This leading global professional services company specialising in financial modelling products seeks a Database Systems Developer to join their development team to work on database design and associated programming tasks. Responsibilities will include: development, test and maintenance; support on technical issues; and producing systems design models (with the assistance of the Senior System Architect).
The successful Database Systems Developer will have existing experience of the whole software development lifecycle, particularly with reference to financial services projects. Technical troubleshooting experience is key; applicants will feel comfortable in addressing their clients’ more challenging problems and be able to interpret their requirements quickly and effectively with diplomacy and intelligence.
The Systems Developer will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified in computer science, maths, physics or engineering.
- Commercial experience using SQL, and broader knowledge of Oracle databases.
- Knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle processes and support tools.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of stakeholders and the ability to think laterally.
- Preferably experience working in large payroll projects within financial services.
This is an ideal opportunity for a smart database software developer with strong SQL. An excellent salary and top benefits are available to the right candidate, along with sensible working hours, the best equipment needed to do your job, and the chance to work with other exceptional people.
Keywords: Oracle, DBMS, SQL, UNIX, Shell scripting, Linux, Financial Services, Customer facing, Surrey.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.