Physicist / Engineer (24959)
Our client is seeking a physicist or engineer, most likely with a postgraduate qualification, who is keen to contribute their excellent analytical and experimental skills to varied challenging development projects. This client offers the chance to work as part of a collaborative group of interdisciplinary engineers and physicists, learning new skills and honing existing ones.
Many of the projects relate to optics and sensors, taking an analytical approach to a technical challenge and developing an initial feasibility plan, followed by design and implementation. The projects may involve a purely theoretical solution or, more often, involves working with other engineers in the lab to develop a tangible product. Recent projects have involved high-accuracy imaging, visualisation of cancer tumours and spectral analysis for medical diagnostics.
With excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and a strong focus on delivery, you will have:
- An excellent degree from a well-ranked world class university in physics or engineering with, typically, a PhD too
- Direct experience of participating in experimental programmes, specifically related to optics or sensors
- Excellent analytic skills, with the ability to solve real-world mathematical problems
- Experience of data analysis and simulation, ideally using Python or MATLAB
- The ability to work in a fast changing and developing environment that requires continual enhancement of knowledge and skills
- Willingness to work in a cross-disciplinary team and understand the technical constraints of all facets of the technology
The company provides a welcoming environment where the right candidate will continue to develop their physics and engineering skills in collaboration with peers. They provide an excellent opportunity for further training and career progression with an exemplary office and lab environment and, of course, offer a generous salary.
Keywords: Physicist, PhD, Experimental, Analytical, Imaging, Optics, Zemax, ANSYS, Sensors, Python, MATLAB, Cambridge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch with ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone, and we may have other ideas to suggest to you too.