Engineering Test Technician (25035)
Our clients high-value scientific instrumentation products are sold globally. They are currently looking for an Engineering Test Technician to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate will have experience of assembly and troubleshooting of electronics/gas/mechanical systems. The role offers excellent scope to rapidly develop your existing skills across a wide range of areas, working as part of the team who test and service their high-value/low volume products.
The role will include:
- Testing of products according to existing test procedures.
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical and gas systems.
- Calibration of products in a laboratory environment.
- Servicing of products returned from customers.
- Feed back of diagnosed faults.
- Work with team to identify opportunities for test procedure improvements.
Experience / skills required:
- Diagnosis of faults on digital and analogue electronics, with tools including DVM, oscilloscope and with reference to schematics.
- Diagnosis of faults in gas / vacuum systems.
- Soldering, basic repair of electrical and electronic systems.
- Workshop skills- hand and power tools.
- Competence with Windows PCs, including Excel for data manipulation.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.