Mechatronics Test Engineer (25131)
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your broad skills in mechanical, electronics and software. The company designs automated products to speed up repetitive work on the bench. They have a team of pure software test engineers but need to strengthen the mechanical/mechatronics side.
As a Mechatronics Test Engineer you will have good experience working in a development environment testing new designs. This will be combined with a solid understanding of electro-mechanical systems and their limits and stress points. The role is to assist multidisciplinary product teams in both early and mature product development activities by planning for, managing scope and executing the testing required to ensure products are fully tested and ready for on-schedule production and distribution.
You will possess several of the following:
- A strong ability to grasp large and complex automated systems
- Previous experience in the design of test systems
- Good working knowledge of defect tracking systems and change control processes
- Experience contributing to system test strategy, test plans, procedures and manual test cases
- Significant use of desktop tools to produce and maintain test documentation
- A good understanding of Windows OS platform as an administrative / power user
- Exposure to factory acceptance and site acceptance tests
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in a modern product company
On offer for the successful Mechatronics Test Engineer is a competitive remuneration package, including employer pension contributions, medical insurance and a number of other benefits. The company is based within easy reach of Cambridge, in dedicated R&D and manufacturing facilities with excellent transport links and onsite parking.
Keywords: Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical testing, Hardware test, Software test, System test, Windows platforms, Technician, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.