Graduate Python Developer for Production (25185)
Are you a bright graduate with strong Python skills? In this role you would be developing Python tools that will automate production and verification of ingenious industry-changing mechatronic products. You would be joining a small and growing Agile development team at an early stage as the company seeks to ramp up to production.
Our client is a Cambridge-based technology leader and top flight employer - they set the bar high on academic qualifications and Python programming skills, but they have a strong reputation as a high tech innovator and this would be an excellent first career move. You would be working with a team of bright and highly motivated colleagues as well as making a significant contribution to a game-changing beneficial technology.
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a STEM subject from a Russell Group or non-UK equivalent university
- STRONG coding skills in Python 2.7 and Python 3.X, specifically the ability to create (without needing to refer to a search engine) a well-structured, maintainable, extendible Python program with a good coding style, e.g. PEP-8
- Full, unlimited right to work in the UK (our client cannot sponsor)
Nice to have:
- An understanding of modern / Agile development principles, e.g. Continuous Integration, Automated Test, TDD.
- Knowledge of Python QT GUI framework, for instance TKinter.
- An interest in the manufacturing and quality control of high technology products.
Our client offers a fun, sociable and supportive work environment with a wide range of benefits and a competitive remuneration package.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Python 2.7, Python 3, Cambridge, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Graduate, Mechatronics, TDD, Agile
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.