Technical Author (25189)
Do you have an eye for detail and the ability to clearly explain complex ideas with ease? If that is combined with a background in life sciences and some experience with scripting languages such as Python, you may be just the person this Cambridge start-up is looking for.
Using a mixture of machine learning techniques, including natural language processing, our client develops software to assist scientists and healthcare professionals extract useful information from papers, surveys or other documents. They seek a well organised, technical author with exemplary communication skills, to help write style guides, standards and documentation, with customers or developers in mind.
They are looking for someone who will take ownership of their work; who will be happy to discuss their position clearly and concisely whilst keeping an open mind to the suggestions from other members of the team.
Minimum experience and skills required to succeed in this position:
- Experience in technical writing in a software development environment
- Terrific communication skills with the ability to explain complex ideas clearly to a range of audiences
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A good degree in a technical subject
Experience and skills that would also be desirable include:
- Scripting skills in languages such as Python, Perl or Bash,
- Documentation of APIs, version control (Mercurial / Git), and HTML / CSS
- A background in life science
- Experience working in Agile, cross-functional teams
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: Technical author, NLP, life science, documentation, Python, Git
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.