Systems Administrator - DevOps (25213)
Our client is looking for a Systems Administrator with Linux support experience. This is a new position to provide more specialist support to engineers currently running tools and infrastructure.
As part of the IT Services team, you will collaborate with the engineering teams to build, deploy, maintain and improve engineering tools and infrastructure such as Git, SVN, Jira and in-house developed systems.
- Build, deploy, maintain and ensure the operational availability of engineering tools and infrastructure
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Troubleshoot issues with applications and services
- Ensure engineering infrastructure and tools are patched and monitored
- Experience of supporting Linux-based platforms and VMWare
- Competency in networking and a scripting language
- Willingness to learn new tech skills as required (they will train and support you!)
- An appreciation of IT Security and Cyber Security best practices
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.