Lead Platforms Operations Engineer (25251)
A Lead Platform Operations Engineer is sought by a growing company, working on state-of-the-art technology for big data applications in Cambridge. Our client’s disruptive software uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing to make an important contribution to the healthcare industry.
This is a technical leadership position and the delivery of the company’s cloud hosted platform infrastructure would be one of the Lead Platform Operations Engineer’s main priorities. Other responsibilities would include: the design and implementation of scalable architectures, supporting software development environments and the responsibility for the smooth running of development, staging and production platforms.
An exciting and challenging position, the role of Lead Platform Operations Engineer will give the right candidate the opportunity to work in a customer focused environment with motivated people and will offer a very competitive salary, benefits package and opportunities for professional growth.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- A good understanding and several years of practical commercial experience of DevOps
- A good degree in a technical subject such as Computer Science or IT Management will be expected, together with excellent programming skills in Python and similar languages
- Great knowledge of Linux platforms and good familiarity with other platforms such as Windows and MacOS
- Experience with cloud deployment (AWS) and big data as well as configuration management / orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
- Comfortable in a team leader role or higher seniority, with excellent communication skills, especially with clients
- Occasional work out of standard hours will be expected as part of an “on call” rota.
Desirable skills and experience include revious experience of ISO27001, HIPAA or similar infosec standards. ITIL qualification would also be advantageous. However, full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will be required.
Keywords: Lead Platform Operations Engineer, DevOps, Python, AWS, Big Data, Linux
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.