Senior Optics Physicist / Engineer (25264)
Based at their expansive offices and workshops just outside of Cambridge, this company provides technical expertise and hands-on engineering skills to develop hardware devices. A growing area has been in scientific instruments used in medical and healthcare applications.
They seek an experienced Optics Physicist to join their team and provide technical expertise to assist in developing photonics-enabled devices. This knowledge would be coupled with a track record of supporting the full product life cycle (including industrialisation phases) and project management or team leadership.
- Strong relevant degree qualifications (2.1 or above in Physics or Electronics Engineering), and ideally an advanced degree (PhD preferred). [Essential]
- Substantial industry experience in optics including areas such as: image acquisition and processing; optical path design; applications using lenses, photodiodes, spectrometers or other optical splitters. [Essential]
- Experience with optical research and applying them for development projects. [Essential]
- Experience with design for manufacture. [Essential]
- Prior experience working in a technical consultancy or on consultancy-style projects. [Essential]
- Experience / exposure with ISO13485, or developing products as a medical device. [Desirable]
Due to the types of projects undertaken, all-round problem-solvers with broad technical skills as well as the optics experience are highly prized, as the ability to innovate and come up with alternative solutions is central to the work.
In return, an excellent remunerations package including a wide range of benefits is on offer.
Keywords: Optics / Photonics, Medical / Healthcare Devices, ISO13485, Varied Projects, Consultancy
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.