Systems Engineer / NPI Engineer (25351)
An exciting opportunity has been created by one of Cambridge’s growing start-ups for a Systems Engineer / NPI Engineer.
Our client is planning the launch of their innovative product into Asian markets and seeks a Systems Engineer / NPI Engineer who will be able to take a holistic view of the procedures and documentation involved to make the launch of their ground breaking robotics product a success.
The Systems Engineer / NPI Engineer will be able to effortlessly communicate with a variety of multi-disciplinary teams, including clients. They may come from an electronics, medical, automotive or aerospace background and would be familiar with working in a highly regulated development environment and preparing products to meet international standards. They will be responsible for documenting the process accurately and effectively, whilst retaining a practical approach to problem solving to ensure the continued progress of the project.
Minimum experience and skills necessary for this role:
- A good technical degree and at least 3 to 4 years of commercial experience within a highly regulated industry, such as automotive, aerospace, or medical, focusing on development or transfer to production
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate documents, effectively communicating complex ideas and concepts
- Excellent attention to detail, maintained even when dealing with large design or document sets, whilst remaining pragmatic and “getting the job done”
- The willingness to travel internationally (eg: China) for periods of up to a few weeks at a time
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience of medical device development processes and standards
- Knowledge of compliance standards for EMC or electrical safety, etc.
- Working knowledge of Python for scripting purposes
- Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese and / or experience of working in China
Full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship will also be required.
Keywords: NPI, Systems Engineer, documentation, standards, compliance, quality, transfer to production, electronics, medical, robotics
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.