Special Task Force - Engineering Rapid Response (25402)
When you’re in the business of developing highly sophisticated multidisciplinary products that involve 100s of stakeholders (software, electromechanics, manufacture, end-users, clinicians, supply-chain), creating a seamless process is far from easy. With problems that could arise at any point, this highly analytical company is putting together a Task Force that will work on these hardest problems.
The team will use their collective knowledge and understanding of systems engineering to solve critical problems involving manufacture / engineering processes that would impact customers and end-users. This would include foreseeing where problems could arise and optimising processes through the development of algorithms or other ingenious tools.
- You’ll be academically bright (good STEM degree – ideally physics or engineering – from a top ranked university, and possibly an advanced degree), and possess a broad knowledge within scientific and engineering areas.
- Have a mixed background in software, electronics, applied physics and mechanics.
- Strong problem solving skills – you’ll enjoy tackling difficult problems and getting to the root cause.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure in time-critical environments.
- Any specific exposure to medical or safety critical systems would be desirable.
This role is suited for someone who currently leads a small team or wants to step into that lead role where they can project and line manage. On offer is an excellent remuneration package including a range of benefits.
Due to their customer base, this team can be asked to travel globally on relatively short notice. However, working off-site should only account for up to 15% of the time.
Keywords: Engineering, Software, Manufacture, Medical Applications, Robotics, Multidisciplinary, Global Travel, Safety Critical
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 - see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.