Marketing Science Writer and Manager, Software (25412)
If you’ve a scientific, engineering or physics background, excellent technical reading and writing skills and some flair with the English language, consider this unique role. You’ll be joining a scientific software company, which software has applications from Formula One to space exploration and self-driving cars. It’s used by major companies, and even actual rocket scientists! They’re a friendly company with university roots, in the centre of Cambridge, using the latest technologies.
In this multi-faceted role you’ll work closely with the product managers who know their industry, and software products, very well, and you’ll be producing technically sound marketing materials for this scientific field. You’ll delegate some traditional marketing copywriting to a dedicated team elsewhere in the company, and you’ll be using diplomacy and building good relationships in engaging with them and reviewing their work, to facilitate the results you want.
You’ll be taking on responsibility for the marketing of these scientific software products: you’ll plan campaigns, and work with creatives to produce presentations, videos, white papers, brochures, and informative graphics. You’ll be also be travelling (expenses paid) to attend conferences.
You will definitely have:
- A good degree in a scientific or engineering subject from a well-ranked university, and strong A-levels
- Several years commercial (not academic) experience in science, engineering, or scientific software
- The ability to peruse, absorb and summarise sometimes complex technical literature
- A flair for writing engaging technical material in the English language, along with expertise in organising information, and in editing
- The ability to realistically plan, execute and manage projects with multiple team members, including those with a variety of other responsibilities
- Excellent presentation skills, including attractive technical content, and with an upbeat and encouraging style
You’ll be enthusiastic, energetic, driven and ambitious. You’ll enjoy engaging with people and collaborating. If you’ve managed people before, there is some scope for this now, and if not but you’d like a path towards management, the potential is there.
This is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary, pension, medical care and bonus. In Cambridge, teams sit together with pleasant, expansive spaces to both meet and relax, and separate meeting rooms for extended discussions. The atmosphere is pleasing, cordial and conversational without being intrusive. Parking is on-site, and offices are a short walk from a nearby railway station, in easy cycling distance for Cambridge residents.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. If you’re already registered with us, recommend a friend for £250 – see http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.