Senior Control Engineer (25425)
This high technology design and engineering company develop miniature motors used in a number of products where accuracy and high precision are needed.
They are currently looking for a Senior Control Engineer to lead a team of control engineers and technical support staff in developing and improving methods and procedures to enhance the performance of their products.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- An excellent degree in Control Engineering or similar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in consumer electronics
- Strong skills in experimental design and analysis
- Experience of communicating, leading a team, running customer projects, making decisions and defending your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to prioritise activities and allocation of resource, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems
- Developing robust control systems for controlling actuators
Desirable, Skills and Experience:
- Proficient software skills, in MATLAB, Python, C# or other programming/scripting languages
- Experience or understanding of control theory and systems (sensors, actuators, controllers)
- Developing test equipment
- Working with microprocessors
- Transferring new technology into high volume mass production
- A working understanding of mechanical systems and experience in testing them
- A working understanding of electronics
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.